Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When I began this clay-molding project I actually did not become frustrated at all. Molding and hand building projects have always been something I have enjoyed (so far anyway.) We have really just begun this process, so I don’t know exactly how it will continue to go, but so far it has been very useful in my becoming more familiar with the body. By understanding the muscular system you have a better basis for understanding the bones, the motion and the general “bulk “ of certain areas. One thing that did frustrate me was that the book series we use as our reference, Atlas of Human Axial Musculature in Clay by Jon Zahourek, because the book shows one picture at a time. So when you are working on muscles that layer you cant see where they lay in reference to the others.
In this variety of views you are able to see the muscles that line each side of the neck and spine allowing us to rote or nod our head. The muscles that layer the back, and stomach that allows movement in the center region of our body. The muscles I built consist of the Cervicis, Capitis, Thoracis, Iliocostalis, lonissimus, abdominals, and the spinal erectors.
A web site I used as a second reference was www.building-muscle101.com.

No comments: